Fitness trackers are all the rage right now. However most of them are kinda ugly. I have the solution for those who want a fitness tracker, but want to be fashionable at the same time. Let me introduce you to the LEAF by Bellabeat!
I am sure you are asking why the LEAF is better than the other fitness trackers on the market…Well let’s check out their press release!
The LEAF by Bellabeat makes a big comeback adding a new color and fresh features to the app
After selling over 40,000 pieces of one of the most wish-listed health trackers on the market, Bellabeat is announcing some exciting news for all wearables enthusiasts on September 15. The LEAF is back in stock and is now available in two different colors – Silver and Rose Gold.
“So far, we have collected over 16,000 hours of breathing, 4,352,231 hours of sleep, 11,429,400 hours of activity, and around 180,000,000 period logs generated by our users. This user data lets us improve the firmware of the LEAF and the algorithms behind the LEAF app, allowing us to give personalized insights and customized advice to our users” – says Sandro Mur, company’s CEO.
NEW LEAF APP FEATURES
1. Different activity tracking
The new rose gold color is not the only new exciting thing about the LEAF – the company, well-known for their open communication with the users, added interesting new features to the app based on user feedback generated from the Bellabeat community, making sure the LEAF is even better tailored to fit the user’s needs and give them an enriched experience with the world’s smartest piece of jewelry. From now on, users will be able to manually switch between different activities recognized by the LEAF, such as running, swimming, cycling, yoga, tennis and many more, giving an even better overview of their daily movement and calorie spending.
2. Breath tracking during sleep hours helps understand sleep patterns better
The extensive amount of data lead to a new feature within the LEAF app – it is now able to measure breathing during periods of restless sleep, and help the user better understand why such periods occur in the first place.
The LEAF creates a correlation between sleep, activity, breathing and menstrual cycle, which allows the app to generate customized data backed advice cards, helping the user regain their physical and emotional wellbeing.
LEAF by Bellabeat
Ever since it’s debut in late fall of 2014, the LEAF has been an instant hit among women who want to take care of their bodies. Designed by a woman – for women, the LEAF does everything a health tracker should do, and then some:
- Measures sleep – the LEAF logs sleep quality and quantity, giving the user insight into the number of hours and percentage quality of sleep. The charts within the app let the user compare their periods of light sleep and deep sleep, allowing them to identify what type of day or activity leads to a better night’s sleep.
- Tracks activity – measures daily movement, burned calories and allows the user to set daily goals to keep them motivated. The app will also let users enter specific sports and activities, giving a detailed overview of their movement throughout the day – feature available end of September 2015.
- Monitors reproductive health – gives a detailed overview of the user’s menstrual cycle and helps women trying to conceive to identify ovulation days and increase their chances of successful conception. By cross-referencing daily activity in the LEAF app with their menstrual cycle, women are able to better understand their health trends during this specific time. The period part of the app is equipped with witty notes designed to brighten up the user during PMS times.
- Reduces stress – the built-in breathing exercises help the LEAF user cope with stress. By cross-referencing the breathing data with the amount of stress the user might be feeling, the LEAF allows the user to learn which breathing exercises help minimize stress.
- Keeps things on schedule – the smart alarm feature within the LEAF app lets the user set reminders for things like taking their pill on time or getting tampons, there’s the wake up alarm option and an inactivity alert that warns the user if they’ve been inactive for too long.
“The problem with most health trackers out there today is the fact that you can spot them from a mile away – one look at the robust, rubber bands and you know you’re looking at a piece of wearable technology before asking a single question. When we first started thinking about the LEAF, we didn’t want it to just be a good health tracker— we wanted it to be beautiful, as well.” – says Urška Sršen, CO-founder of Bellabeat.
“The first batch of 20K units sold-out almost immediately, while the second batch of 20K followed the same scenario and the waiting list for the third batch is some 200K women strong” – says Morena Simatic, company’s CFO, revealing the company has very big plans for the future:
“The interest in the LEAF has been amazing since day one and we’re extremely pleased with our constantly growing community. We already have successful partnerships with retailers such as Amazon, Target, BestBuy and Fancy, and the next step is to go global. Our first destination is the European market, starting with UK and Germany and by this time next year, the LEAF will be available in retail stores world-wide” – adds Simatic.
The third batch of the LEAF features the Silver LEAF which has become a classic with the early bird adopters and a newly designed Rose Gold LEAF. The Silver LEAF goes for USD129, while the Rose Gold LEAF will set you back an extra 20 dollars and is available on their website for USD149. The company also gives an exclusive discount to all their early supporters who own the Silver LEAF and want the Rose Gold one, as well.
About Bellabeat: Founded in 2014, Bellabeat, top 5 Y-COMBINATOR company in W14 class, creates beautiful, innovative products that help women easily track their overall health and wellness, and get connected to their body and mind throughout different stages in life. Bellabeat helps create a better, healthier lifestyle by bringing intuitive wellness tools to women, encouraging them to take care of their health and to be informed. Bellabeat has always been inspired by the beauty and power of nature, which is incorporated into all of their products. Some of the companies top investors are SV ANGEL, UNIVERSAL, CRUNCHFUND, Nicolas Berggruen, Justin Kan, Michael Seibel, Paul Buchheit, Tom Fallows, CherubicVC and Adrian Aoun.
I am currently on the wait list to get my own LEAF. As soon as I do I will update y’all on how amazing this product is! Until then make sure to check them out on the links above, and even join the wait list for your very one LEAF!